Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System.
They form part of the:
- Air Termination Network
– arresting the lightning strike
- Down Conductor System
– taking the lightning discharge to ground
- Earth Termination/Network
– safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the groundConductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array etc.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array etc.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion
Our comprehensive range of conductors enables the Lightning Protection Designer greater freedom to: conceal conductors, aesthetically blend conductors into the building facade, as well as offering lower cost alternatives – Strikeband and aluminium etc.
Our Insulated Lightning Conductor also allows the designer to resolve spacing problems when there is insufficient room to install a “conventional” conductor whilst maintaining the required separation distance between it and the electrically conductive parts of the structure that require protection. The Kingsmill Insulated Lightning Conductor effectively simulates an equivalent separation distance of ≤0.75m in air and ≤1.5m in solid material.