All essential safety and operational items to carry out an exothermic weld. Each toolkit (order KWTKIT) contains:
- Conductor Cleaning Brush
- Safety Goggles
- Plastic Tool Box
- Spare Flints,
- Sealing Putty
- Safety Gloves
- Cleaning Brush
- Minor Burn Kit
- Flint Ignitor
- Safety Apron (leather)
- Earth Rod Driving Cap (M16)
- Handle Clamp (Cathodic protection)
- Handle Clamp (for type D moulds)
- Handle Clamp (for type E/F moulds)
- Mould Scraper (to suit C moulds)
- Mould Scraper (to suit D moulds)
- Mould Support Clamp
Before making a KingsWeld connection:
- Always wear proper clothing, gloves and safety glasses when exothermic welding.
- Read the general safety instructions and the positioning of conductors sheet supplied with each KingsWeld mould to familiarise yourself with the procedure you are going to perform.
- Make sure the conductors that are to be welded are dry, dirt-free and clean.
- Use the wire brush to clean the conductor surfaces being placed inside the mould – the cleaner the surface the better the connection will be
- Attach the handle clamp to the KingsWeld mould and check it will open & close freely.
- Make sure that the KingsWeld mould is dry and moisture-free. The best way to do this is by preheating the mould with a blow torch or by making a test connection.