A KingsWeld weld metal consists of copper oxide, aluminium and flux in a granular (powder) form.
The weld metals are packed into plastic inner cartons, each of which contains metals discs, a moisture absorbing sachet and a box label, clearly identifying the size, quantity, and batch information.
The weld metal container has two compartments. The main weld metal is under the green cap and the starter powder is under the red cap.
Different standard sizes are available ranging in weight from 0.60 kg to 3.04 kg and pack quantity.
Before making a KingsWeld connection:
- Always wear proper clothing, gloves and safety glasses when exothermic welding.
- Read the general safety instructions and the positioning of conductors sheet supplied with each KingsWeld mould to familiarise yourself with the procedure you are going to perform.
- Make sure the conductors that are to be welded are dry, dirt-free and clean.
- Use the wire brush to clean the conductor surfaces being placed inside the mould – the cleaner the surface the better the connection will be.
- Attach the handle clamp to the KingsWeld mould and check it will open & close freely.
- Make sure that the KingsWeld mould is dry and moisture-free. The best way to do this is by preheating the mould with a blow torch or by making a test connection.