Protect low voltage power lines against the impact of surge voltage and RF disturbance. Locate as close as possible to the equipment to be protected. Suitable for charging stations.
- Remote signalling
- Reversible installation
- Biconnect terminals
- Locking pluggable modules
- Optical lifetime status indication
Benefits: No follow through current and no leakage current.
Standards: EN 61643-11:2012, IEC 61643-11:2011 / T3
Electic Vehicle Charging Station (EVC) Protection is important as electronic systems are susceptible to damage resulting from lightning activity (direct and indirect). Failure to protect can lead to costly hardware replacement as well as lost revenue.
What to protect?
- Rectifier for the DC charging output
- Rectifier for powering the control unit
- Battery – in case of charging station with energy accumulation
- Communication between the control unit and the charging connector (eg RS485)
- Signal from the charging connector (eg temperature measurement)
- Communication between antenna and control unit (eg Ethernet) for data cable longer than 1 metre