Kingsmill Industries offers a variety of copper sleeves that increase the diameter of a small conductor to make it possible to weld the conductor with your KingsWeld Exothermic connection and rail applications.
Available in different sizes ranging from 16 mm² to 150 mm²
Before making a KingsWeld connection:
- Always wear proper clothing, gloves and safety glasses when exothermic welding.
- Read the general safety instructions and the positioning of conductors sheet supplied with each KingsWeld mould to familiarise yourself with the procedure you are going to perform.
- Make sure the conductors that are to be welded are dry, dirt-free and clean.
- Use the wire brush to clean the conductor surfaces being placed inside the mould – the cleaner the surface the better the connection will be.
- Attach the handle clamp to the KingsWeld mould and check it will open & close freely.
- Make sure that the KingsWeld mould is dry and moisture free. The best way to do this is by pre-heating the mould with a blow torch or by making a test connection.