Kingsmill Industries offers a variety of brushes to assist with your KingsWeld Exothermic connection and rail applications. These soft brushes are used to clean debris from the mould between each successive use of the mould to make a weld. It not recomended to use stiff bristle brushes for this purpose since graphite is a soft material
We run operator training courses to train field operatives on how to safely carry out an exothermic weld.
Before making a KingsWeld connection:
- Always wear proper clothing, gloves and safety glasses when exothermic welding.
- Read the general safety instructions and the positioning of conductors sheet supplied with each KingsWeld mould to familiarise yourself with the procedure you are going to perform.
- Make sure the conductors that are to be welded are dry, dirt-free and clean.
- Use the wire brush to clean the conductor surfaces being placed inside the mould – the cleaner the surface the better the connection will be.
- Attach the handle clamp to the KingsWeld mould and check it will open & close freely.
- Make sure that the KingsWeld mould is dry and moisture free. The best way to do this is by pre-heating the mould with a blow torch or by making a test connection.