Kingsmill Industries offers a variety of scrapers to assist with your KingsWeld Exothermic connection and rail applications. Scrapper tools are designed to fit the reaction crucible size for each mould type ie MS34 is suitable for mould price key C (the price key reference can be found by checking our mould selection tables)
We run operator training courses to train field operatives on how to safely carry out an exothermic weld.
Before making a KingsWeld connection:
- Always wear proper clothing, gloves and safety glasses when exothermic welding.
- Read the general safety instructions and the positioning of conductors sheet supplied with each KingsWeld mould to familiarise yourself with the procedure you are going to perform.
- Make sure the conductors that are to be welded are dry, dirt-free and clean.
- Use the wire brush to clean the conductor surfaces being placed inside the mould – the cleaner the surface the better the connection will be
- Attach the handle clamp to the KingsWeld mould and check it will open & close freely.
- Make sure that the KingsWeld mould is dry and moisture free. The best way to do this is by pre-heating the mould with a blow torch or by making a test connection.