Lightning current arrester with coarse and fine surge protection for the protection of 2 core signalling lines.
- Pluggable module
- Line separated from protective earth via GDT
- Coupling resistance (R-resistance)
Benefits: Can be installed at any entry into the building as well as close to protected devices. Coarse and fine surge protection (core-core) in differential mode and coarse surge protection in common mode (line-PE).
Standards: EN 61643-11 (Surge Protection Devices).
Application: Install at the boundary of LPZ0 and LPZ1 zones at the line entry into the building.
Where low voltage, data and telecom lines enter and exit the building, they must also be included in the Lightning Protection System.
- Electromagnetic shielding
- Telephone lines
- Data communication lines
- Instrumentation, control, signalling lines
- Coaxial lines for CCTV, TV, & antenna cables
Field based electronic equipment also needs to be protected.