Copper Tape (Lead covered) is used as a lightning protection conductor in special applications where corrosion is an issue, for instance, at the top of chimneys.
Standard: BS:EN 13601 (formerly BS 1432)
Covering: Type ‘B’ Lead Alloy (2mm thick coating)
Sold in the specified coil lengths only.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground
- The Earth Termination Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array, etc.