Kingsmill offers a wide range of UV-stabilised PVC Covered Copper Tapes in a range of colours. These colours have been chosen to match the most common structural materials and will reduce the visual impact of Lightning Protection conductor.
Standard: BS:EN 13601 (formerly BS 1432)
PVC Colour: BS 5252, except green BS 6746C
All PVC Covered Copper Tape is sold in the specified coil lengths only.
Special colours are available upon request but are subject to minimum quantity and higher set-up costs. Please contact our sales team with details of your requirements.
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground
- The Earth Termination/Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array, etc.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion