Stranded Copper Cable (Green/Yellow PVC covered) is used as earth continuity conductors, equipment tails etc.
Material: Soft drawn stranded copper cable
Standard: BS:EN 60228 (conductor), BS 6746C (PVC colour)
Temp range: 0°C to 70°C
Such conductors are generally referred to in the industry as 6491X, voltage rating 450/750V (designated suitable 600/1000V).
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground
- The Earth Termination/Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array, etc.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion