Tinned Copper Tape is embossed ‘Kingsmill (UK)’ for identification purposes and is manufactured from high conductivity annealed copper. It is tinned for extra corrosion resistance and suitable for use as a lightning protection conductor or earthing conductor.
Material: Tinned Copper
Standard: BS:EN 13601 (formerly BS 1432)
Tinned Copper Tape is sold in the specified coil lengths only.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground
- The Earth Termination Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array, etc.