Kingsmill bring innovation to lightning protection through the introduction of an easy to install, aesthetically pleasing Lightweight Lightning Mast.
Kingsmill Lightweight Lightning Masts are available in a range of sizes upto 22m with hinged base and 20m if root mounted.
Suited to projects using the “protective angle” or “rolling sphere” methods for determining zones of protection.
The conical design brings greater strength, wind loading capability and minimal wind deflection.
Single mast: No unsightly guy wires or supports.
Colours: Three standard colours (White, Pebble Grey, or Kingsmill Grey) but other colours are available subject to RAL code.
Patterns: It is possible to add a pattern to the mast, for example camouflage.
Wind loading and location of the masts are key elements in determining the type and size of foundation/base that can be used. Therefore it is important that Kingsmill carry out calculations to verify the correct foundation selection.
Ease of installation
- Quick and easy to install
- Reduced installation time
- Hinged base option to facilitate easy testing and inspection
- Three mounting options: direct burial, hinged, or free-standing base
- Composite high strength material
- Corrosion resistant
- UV protected
- Vandal resistant (mechanical damage and graffiti)
- The composite mast itself does not cause interference for radio, microwaves etc.
Flexibility of Selection
Our Lightweight Lightning Mast can be customised to customer requirements.
It allows the user flexibility to choose either aluminium or copper Air Terminals and Conductor. Users can also select one or two down-conductors as well as vary the cross- sectional area.
There are three standard colours to choose from:
- Pebble Grey (RAL 7032)
- Kingsmill Grey (RAL 7042)
. . . but we can offer other colours as well as customer specific pattern and graphic effects.
- Glass-polyestercompositeconstruction-aninsulatingmaterialthathelps reduce touch potential
- The mast does not absorb energy in the event of a vehicular collision