Square Clamps are designed for a four-way connection and are suitable for crossing over tapes, straight through joints, or ‘T’ connections to form a continuous network of tapes. Countersunk hole in the base for fixing the clamp in place.
Material: Aluminium/High Copper Content Alloy/Gunmetal
Standard: BS:EN 62561-1, Class H
Tightening Torque: 6Nm
- The connector is mechanically robust.
- The connector is selected according to its application.
- The connector is rated for its application.
- To avoid bimetallic corrosion-use a bimetallic connector (do not connect bare copper directly to bare aluminium, or have water run-off from copper, fall into aluminium).
- When the materials are in contact in the presence of an electrolyte, corrosion occurs. One metal becomes the anode, the other the cathode. The anode will tend to go into solution and therefore corrode. The electrolyte can be water with impurities from the air.
- In the instance of water run-off from copper- the water carries fine copper corrosion particles which, when they drop on to aluminium or zinc, may result in corrosion. The direct contact of the dissimilar metals is not required for corrosion to occur in such a case.