Circular STRIKEBAND Copper Covered Aluminium lightning protection conductor is sold in the specified coil length only. Copper thickness is 0.31mm, which equates to 15% of the cross-sectional area.
Material: 99.9% Purity Copper and 99.7% Purity Aluminium.
Strikeband – a bimetallic lightning conductor for above ground applications. Strikeband combines the corrosion resistance and inherent low resistivity of copper, with the lightness and flexibility of aluminium, providing a low cost, easy to use alternative to solid copper.
Seamless, high conductivity copper is bonded to a solid core of electrical grade aluminium. The resultant material is easier to bend, having less spring-back than copper. This is a distinct advantage to the Lightning Protection installer when “dressing” the conductor to the contours of the building. Combining longer coil lengths and a light weight make this product an ideal choice where the advantages of copper above ground are required, but cost reductions are necessary.
Strikeband is offered in two sizes and has passed testing to IEC/BS:EN 62561-2.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground
- The Earth Termination Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array etc.