Kingsmill offers UV-stabilised PVC Covered Solid Circular Copper in a range of colours*. Colours match the most common structural materials to reduce the visual impact of a Lightning Protection conductor. Outer diameter (10mm) includes the PVC sheathing.
Standard: BS:EN 13601 (formerly BS 1432) (conductor), BS 5252 (PVC colours)
Sold in the specified coil lengths only. Use with 10mm clips.
Special colours are available upon request but are subject to minimum quantity and higher set-up costs. Please contact our sales team with details of your requirements.
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground
- The Earth Termination/Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array, etc.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion