Kingsmill offers UV-stabilised PVC Covered Aluminium Tape in a range of colours. Colours match the most common structural materials and will reduce the visual impact of a Lightning Protection conductor.
Material: Aluminium, PVC
Standard: BS:EN 755-5
PVC Colour: BS 5252 (green to BS 6746C)
PVC covering of aluminium provides an aesthetically pleasing product and it also protects the product from corrosion.
Sold in the specified coil lengths only.
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground
- The Earth Termination/Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array, etc.
Conductors provide a low impedance path and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion