Galvanised Stranded Conductor is suitable for BS:EN 62305 internal foundation earthing rings.
Material: Galvanised Steel
Standard: BS:EN 12385-4:2002 & A1:2008 Steel Wire Ropes DIN 3053
Conductors provide a low impedance path to earth and they must be:
- Correctly sized for fault current
- Sufficiently robust to resist mechanical damage
- Able to resist the effects of corrosion
Conductors are an essential component of a Lightning Protection System. They form part of:
- The Air Termination Network – arresting the lightning strike.
- The Down Conductor System – taking the lightning discharge to ground.
- The Earth Termination Network – safely dissipating the lightning discharge into the ground.
Conductors are also an integral and important component of an earthing system, whether this be for a power station, sub-station, cell site, solar PV array etc.